What is HTML?
- HTML(Hyper Text Markup Language) is a simple Language to structure a web page
- It is machine independent and all internet browser accept the html Code
- Html Code is stored in a simple text file that has either example.htm or example.html filename extension
- HTML tags are used to Format text
- And embed content such as heading,paragraph,images,play audio,video clips along with page
HTML ExampleTry it Yourself
What is HTML Tags?
- HTML is a set of codes that you use to create a document.
- Most element are written with start tag and end tag
- However not all of the elements require the end tag so called Void elements do not have an end tag eg. <br/>,<input/>
- A tag is a command or a text that is put within angular brackets
< ⇢ The Characters in the brackets indicate the tag's purpose
b ⇢ above the b tag stands for bold
> ⇢ The Closing tag has a forward slash after the < symbol
< ⇢ The terms "tag" and "element" are aften and interchangeably.
b ⇢ Stricly speaking. however, an element comprises then opening
> ⇢ tag and the closing tag and any content that lies between them.
<start-tag> contents </end-tag>
- <!DOCTYPE html> A document type declaration,rules for then markup language
- <html> You use tags to create HTML elements , such as paragraphs or links
- <body> <head> is it necessary to write head and body tag to the document
- <h1> heading tage are still very important for seo for search engines
- <p> tag defines a paragraph of the text
HTML5 Layout structure
<title> page title </title></head>
main page slider
information container</body> </html>